Last updated: May 21, 2021
As a ministerial organization, we respect your rights and take the stewardship of your personal and organizational information very seriously. We're not much for legalize so, in brief, our intention is to use the information you entrust to us to best serve you in your ministry. We do not sell your information to or share it with other organizations, except to operate the websites. Our ministry spans a variety of websites and resources.
The Fine Print (that the lawyers like):
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "we", "us" or "our" in this Agreement) refers to The Pastoral Center, 1212 Versailles Ave, Alameda CA 94501.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: California, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to any websites identified as operated by the Pastoral Center, including, but not limited to (pastoral.center), GrowingUpCatholic.com, GrowingUpCatholicVBS.com, FashioningFaith.org, GospelLiving.org, CatholicCreationCare.com, TheMessageCatholic.com, ArtOfAccompaniment.com, Vatican2.center, PastoralPlanning.com, Gospel.link.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by TermsFeed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Performance Cookies These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they receive error messages from webpages. These cookies can let us know where visitors came from before landing on our Site (e.g. whether they were directed to our Site via an email from us, or through an advertisement or search engine). These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Performance cookies are only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
- Analytics Cookies We use analytics cookies to analyze how our Site is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve our Site.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to operate, monitor, and analyze the use of our Service.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users (such as publicly reviewing our products), such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We will respond to requests to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (though this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances). To exercise any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access: You have the right to access personal data we hold about you, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, with certain exceptions.
- Correction: You have the right to correct any of your personal data we hold that is inaccurate.
- Erasure: In certain circumstance, you have the right to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing to storage only: You have the right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- Objection to marketing: You can object to marketing at any time by opting out at the bottom of our emails to you or in your preferences center.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
To exercise any of these rights, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that these rights are in many cases limited by law. For example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Opt-out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information to third parties, as “sale” is defined by the CCPA.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using the information at the bottom of this page.
Response Timing and Format. We may require certain information from you in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. We aim to respond to requests for access or deletion within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Data Deletion Policy
To request that your personal data be deleted from our system, please send us an email at email@example.com.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 844-727-8672